Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hola, mi amigas!

Welcome to the coolest blog ever. Wow, never thought I'd be hosting one of these, but I don't see you enough, and I certainly don't read enough...soooo, one of my summer resolutions is to put my silly ideas to action.  And so, the Shore to Shore Readers book club was just one of those ideas I've been letting collect dust, just like my stack of books I so willingly neglect on my nightstand. And let's face it, I miss you all and want to connect with you more, and I need to read more! I am a fickle reader, you probably know that about me. If the book doesn't grab my attention after three chapters, I let it collect dust on my nightstand. Inevitably I end up with three or four books stacked one on top of the other patiently waiting there, hoping I'll chose them to fall asleep to after a paragraph is barely completed at the end of the night. That's just not right. I love books, I mean, we all know I adore children's books, but I do like adult books too. I just can't seem to figure out the right genre, or maybe it's the authors or writing, that are a good fit for me. So, it's up to you my friends, I respect your opinion. Let's throw book ideas into the suggestion box and get started. First let's start with, your favorite book that you undeniably feel like everyone MUST read. Let's start a list and go from there. And since I'm just starting this today, and I just started this book yesterday...AND because it's a NY Times bestseller (yeah, I'm fickle like that), I'm inviting you to read The Help with me, by Kathryn Stockett. You probably have already read it, I'm always behind the times. But if you haven't, please join up with me. Share your thoughts and opinions as we go through it together. And if you HAVE already read it, chime in as we go along, or just post funny photos or interesting stories. This is just a way for me to share a glass of wine with you on the patio or beach  like I'd want to be doing with you right now--so let's be silly together on this silly little blog page! Woo!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great forum and way to connect with friends over a long distance. So excited to get started!

    ReplyDelete